Our Point of View:
Championing the Customer's Viewpoint
Kannon differs from other consulting firms in several important ways.
Kannon builds strategies from the Outside-In, starting with an understanding of our clients' customers, channels, and the environment in which they compete. Customer needs and benefits shape potential strategies and the capabilities required to meet those needs. Kannon assesses those needs and creates a strategy that successfully:
- Shifts the focus from clients’ day-to-day operational challenges to the dynamics of the broader market
- Emphasizes that the market is not homogeneous – people and firms differ in their behavior and motivations
- Challenges whether the way work is done today will be the way it is done in the future
- Acknowledges that prioritization of opportunities and investments is critical in a world of constrained resources
Kannon’s proven proprietary frameworks provide a sound structure to build upon. We have developed several proprietary frameworks that bring structure where none exist, using analysis to address assumptions or “mythologies,” and tapping creative data sources and perspectives – laying a solid foundation and basic core upon which the final strategies are built.
Kannon is dedicated to providing the highest level of client service possible. This attitude results in strong working relationships with regular communication and a high level of trust in the Kannon team members working on the project. We do whatever it takes to address our clients' needs, which results in close, collaborative relationships. A clear sign of this commitment is that the firm will work for only one company in any competitive market segment. Period.
Kannon doesn't view its work as “just another project.” We often build long-term relationships with clients and check back to assess the impact of the earlier work. We revisit the client to reevaluate the recommendations and jointly assess the impact of the original work. This 12,000-Mile Check-Up represents a shared responsibility to deliver actionable outcomes, not just a report on the shelf.
Clients have found the work led by Kannon valuable, as demonstrated in the firm's strong track record of repeat assignments – eighty-five percent of Kannon’s revenues in the past fifteen years have been either for a past client, or have come to us via a recommendation of a past client.
Kannon projects are staffed with senior, experienced leaders. Our consultants have designed and executed strategies in the non-consulting world. Focused, thoughtful analyses and discussion are the result. Our work is analytically rigorous, yet tempered by an understanding of how clients will ultimately need to use it. This typically results in greater management consensus, and more specific direction at the end of the project.
Most importantly, Kannon projects result in actionable recommendations. At the end of a project, the client has tangible, actionable tactics and strategies to apply to their organization.
- Kannon’s clients report significant increases in revenue through more focused marketing and selling, acquisitions, reorganization and the development of new products
- Kannon has also helped clients redirect resources from several “pet” projects to ones which made more strategic sense; brought together sales departments which have traditionally competed for customers to work together; and built a common strategic vision across marketing, selling and production departments.